- Online only
MB Taq Polymerase
Cat. No.: 53-1050
- Decontamination Reagents for PCR Labs (3)
- Food Authenticity & Contamination Testing (4)
- Water Contaminations Testing (4)
- DNA/RNA Extraction (15)
- Cell Culture Contamination Control (20)
- PCR Reagents & Enzymes (14)
Do you have questions?A Minerva expert is happy to help!
Technical Support General Inquiry
Notification of Changes
Let us notify you about our product updates.
MB Taq DNA Polymerase is a highly processive 5´→3´ polymerase with no 3´→5´ exonuclease (proofreading) activity. At 72 °C and around pH 9 conditions, MB Taq DNA Polymerase reaches its highest level of activity, capable of amplifying a standard 1 kb strand of DNA in approximately 30 seconds.
The Taq‘s activity is blocked at ambient temperature, e.g. while preparing your sample. The inhibition of the Taq polymerase is completely reversed when the temperature is above 70 °C. Complete activation of the polymerase is achieved at 94 °C for 2 min. MB Taq DNA Polymerase is supplied with a 10x buffer for maximal yield and sensitivity which should fit most standard applications.
Routine and multiplex PCR; real-time PCR; T/A cloning; DNA labeling with biotin, digoxigenin or radioactive nucleotides; sequencing of double or single stranded DNA
MB Taq DNA Polymerase, supplied in 10 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.0), 50 mM KCl, 0.1 mM EDTA, and 50 % (v/v) glycerol. 10x reaction buffer.
100 mM MgCl2 solution.
If the polymerase is used in combination with Venor®GeM Classic, the buffer provided with the polymerase is not required.
MB Taq DNA Polymerase available in concentrations of 1 u/µl and 5 u/µl.
- Cat. No. 53-1050 50 Units
- Cat. No. 53-1100 100 Units
- Cat. No. 53-1200 200 Units
- Cat. No. 53-1250 250 Units
- Cat. No. 53-0050 50 Units
- Cat. No. 53-0100 100 Units
- Cat. No. 53-0200 200 Units
- Cat. No. 53-0250 250 Units
Shelf Life and Storage
Components must be stored at ≤ -18 °C and are stable until the expiry date indicated on the label.