ExtractNow™ Sewage Water DNA/RNA
Cat. No.: 612-1050
- Decontamination Reagents for PCR Labs (3)
- Food Authenticity & Contamination Testing (4)
- Water Contaminations Testing (4)
- DNA/RNA Extraction (15)
- Cell Culture Contamination Control (20)
- PCR Reagents & Enzymes (14)
- Rest DNA Testing (3)
Do you have questions?A Minerva expert is happy to help!
Technical Support General Inquiry
Notification of Changes
Let us notify you about our product updates.
As the world continues to face numerous environmental challenges, regulatory compliance and standards ought to be met. Quality control of sewage water or wastewater is utterly required to protect the environment and prevent community outbreaks.
ExtractNow™ Sewage Water DNA/RNA Kit has been designed for the isolation of DNA or RNA from viruses, bacteria or simply free-circulating DNA (e.g. plasmids) found in sewage water sediment or from the cleared supernatant. The kit combines a unique patented technology for enrichment of biomolecules with efficient DNA/RNA extraction using magnetic separation.
There are 3 protocols available- Isolation of nucleic acids from:
1. Sewage sediment only
2. Corresponding supernatant only
3. Both the sewage sediment and the corresponding cleared supernatant simultaneously
- Magnetic beads
- Starting material: Sewage water (20mL)
- After sedimentation: ~ 10 mL of supernatant and/or ~100-200 mg of sediment
- Total isolation time: ~ 1 hour
The kit is designed for research purposes only. Refer to the lab manual for product specifications and troubleshooting.
Shelf Life and Storage
- Store lyophilized and dissolved Proteinase K, Carrier Reagent, Beads M and Enrichment Reagent A at 4 °C to 8 °C.
- All other components of the ExtractNow™ Sewage Water DNA/RNA Kit should be stored dry at room temperature (15 °C to 30 °C).
ExtractNow™ Sewage Water DNA/RNA Kit has been produced and tested in an ISO 13485 certified facility.